Balle

Balle

Sunday, April 19, 2020

All Done

We are about 6 weeks into this quarantine. I really haven't minded it a bit, but I'm done now! I think everyone is. We've had a great time and there are definitely things I don't want to give up, but at the same time, goodness gracious let me go to TJ Maxx and browse around a bit. 

It's definitely been an interesting month....

*we've searched for puppies and found one!!




 
*we've made our fair share of slime,
*we've saved oodles on gas, 
*we have food trucks in the neighborhood twice a week, 
*I'm not ironing any dress shirts, 
*meme's are funny, 
*zoom meetings are interesting,
*neighborhood parades are fun, 
*We visit grandparents on the grass while they sit on the porch,
*I'm still enjoying having my kids do school at home, 

Jacks puppet show book report


*the kids have played together rather than with friends
(this was my favorite, the farm play mobile set getting used again)


*they have lots of time to torture each other,


*their friends have been cute and left drawings or mailed letters


or sent dance videos

(we sent one back)



*we've done more all together




*I get help preparing and cleaning up dinner and we aren't eating in shifts while someone is off to a sports practice.


 *Mike working from home is heaven,
*packages in the mail feel extra special
*we've ordered a few things from Dicks and get to just pull up, sit in the car and they bring it out to you.
*and basically I finally have ultimate control over everyone. They sadly don't have any other choice or anywhere else to go, but to be with me and do what I say. I'm confused why I want it to be over?




To help us remember, a good neighbor went around and took family pictures from the porch




A few other things we've been up to that aren't necessarily related to COVID-- we usually always have a kid trying to sleep in our room. Kate is a permanent fixture in our bed, but lately she's been wanting a sleep over with Mr. Bear, on the floor in our room



Butlers got a tramp and we inherited half of the box so then she started sleeping in the box
(jack too)



and speaking of boxes, we spend a good chunk of the time pretending we got a package and are so excited about the baby doll that came in it.


the other good chunk of the day I have to pretend to give birth to my 3yr old.


Back to the sleeping arrangements, I usually get Kate to sleep in our bed, then I go lay by Jack while Mike goes downs stairs and lays by Emery. I get back in my bed and when Mike comes up stairs he peeks in Jacks room to see if he's asleep. One night, after I got out of Jacks bed and into mine he got out, stuffed his bed (for when Mike peeked in) and set up camp on the floor next to my bed




He also likes to sleep on our floor


Just a cool night picture



Easter happened










We took a little easter treat up to the grandma's
My mom his a few eggs for the kids out front.

These past 6 weeks weeks of slowing down really has been a nice change of pace. I've enjoyed the ride, but I would like to get off now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment