Balle

Balle

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Ivan and Emery- my March babies

Ivan Balle, my first born March baby!
When I was pregnant with Ivan I was teaching at Wasatch Middle School. Two little 8th grade boys in my sewing class threw a little baby shower for me during class. They made a cake and bought some little baby slippers. The 9th graders in my teen living class also had a little party with gifts and food and then a few days later I woke up at about 3:00am feeling some stomach pains. I thought maybe I was hungry so I went in the kitchen for a bowl of cereal. The pains picked up so I moved from the tub to the toilet and to the tub again. I was only teaching 2 classes and thought maybe I could still teach through the stomach pains. About 6:00 they were getting pretty good and I thought I'd better call in for a sub. I woke Mike up and we left for the hospital. We got there about 7:00 am. I was dilated to a 7, got an epidural and began the wait. Our little Ivan came at about 10:00. 8 pounds and 13 oz. He was a big boy! I loved baby dolls growing up. Now I had my very own baby doll!! 
 
Look at that little face. Now my boy is 12. I still love this little face
Look at that little face. Now my boy is 12.


and that little face has grown into this big face. 

 We've had some great times over the past 12 years. This kid loves his little sister soooo much. He is always pointing out all the cute things she does and says and he is always commenting on how much he loves her. Ivan is a good kid, he works sooo hard in football and does great in school. He is a champ at doing online school. He loves to hang out with friends. I think he complains less these days, but is still really good at begging. He's got a fun little sense of humor that is coming out as he gets older and is still ok with a little snuggle once in a while



(watching Mr. Salmon read aloud for online school)

We love watching our Ivan grow and mature.



Miss Emery Balle is my 3rd born, but 2nd March baby. 
I can remember the day we found out she was a girl just like it was yesterday. Now my baby girl is 8. I was scheduled for an induction. We got to the hospital early that morning, started the pitocin and I can't really remember how long it was after that. I do remember the nurses leaving me alone for quite a while and I felt like I should be checked. I finally suggested they check me and I think she was crowing at that point. They quickly called the doctor and out she came...... with a broken collar bone.



She kinda got gypped this year with the Covid lock down. We didn't get to do much celebrating, but My mom did sneak out one afternoon to wish her and Ivan a happy birthday




Emery girl also loves her little sister and can be very sweet with her. Sometimes it's hard when little sister wants to get in the way, but for the most part they get along great. 

Emery is still very capable and can take good care of herself. She is creative and likes making things. It's slime making all the time around here. She is a great student and all her teachers love her in school. She is thoughtful and gets a tad giddy when it comes to boys. Ivan's friend Will came over one day and she disappeared for a second, then came up stairs in a new outfit and a little lipstick. She still tumbles all over the place and has gotten so good. We also love watching our girl grow.

Happy Birthday Kiddo's
 

No comments:

Post a Comment