Balle

Balle

Saturday, March 21, 2020

COVID-19

As soon as we returned home from Hawaii things around us began to close down. Business's are closing, people are working from home, the grocery store is bare and there are lines to get in, school has moved to online for all the kids, we need to wear masks wherever we go, we aren't suppose to get together with family and friends. There is definitely a panic in the air. However.........It's 6:00 and dinner is done, cleaned up and my kids are all downstairs laughing and playing together. 

The situation we are in is crazy, different than anything we've really had to deal with before.  I must say, we are doing just fine. I love to be involved with my kids extra-curricular activities and I love my kids to be out playing with friends, but I also like how we've slowed down and have little to do. This time together, with no distractions, has been nice. We have time for the kids to help prepare and clean up dinner.



We have time to watch TV together. We have time to play games together. We have time to take walks or ride bikes together. We have time to just be around each other. Sounds like a recipe for disaster and maybe after this first week it will be, but for now we are really enjoying each other. 


Complaining about doing chores is less, because they don't have anywhere else to be.




Amazingly we haven't been overrun with electronics. They seem to find things to do together.





They all have a designated space in the house, where school is set up and they do their work with few complaints. It does get hard for me when I keep hearing, "mom, come here," I feel like I'm walking from room to room most the day, but I enjoy seeing what they are learning.




Mike's working from home and it is wonderful. The kids are respectful of his privacy, but he can come out and take breaks with us and he's home by 5:00. Please don't take this away from me.



The best part about it all is the funny meme's floating around the internet. Man people are funny. I may be on my phone more than the kids are. It's amazing to see the creativity and goodness in people.  I like to watch the world pull together for a common purpose. I guess that's also why I like being a member of the church, where a group of people are working together for a bigger cause. We have neighbors who text while getting grocery's to see if they can get anyone else's groceries while they're out.  We caught our cute neighbor leaving this for Jack




Another neighbor suggested we all find something to hide in the front yard, take a picture of it and then hide it. She sent out a picture list of the items and then we could walk from house to house, stay on the sidewalk, and locate the hidden item. When you finished the list you could grab a treat off her door. 
The newness of it all has been sorta fun. HOWEVER we do miss seeing our grandma's! Hopefully that will come sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment