Balle

Balle

Thursday, March 8, 2018

JANUARY

Can you believe it's January TWO THOUSAND AND EIGHTEEN?! I cannot.
January is crappy because Mike works late nights and most Saturdays, but it's great because we get to start the year with a birthday for Jack. Jack turned 8. He is pretty easy to please, so we had a few friends over, played a few games downstairs and had cake and ice cream. 

It's true there wasn't a bounce house, just hula hoops and dodge ball and a tiny tikes basketball hoop.




Family celebration







Our Jack is a joy. 
He has to be making loud squealing sounds most the time and he has to get a good smack in when he walks past you; either on the head, the butt, the back, wherever. He also likes to take things that don't belong to him, but is able to keep the most innocent face, like he has no idea what he's doing or what Emery is all screamy about. Silly boy.  Jack a joy. He has the softest body that is perfect for snuggling. He's got a fun sense of humor.  I admire his laid back personality.  His favorite food is chips. He takes after Grandpa Woody and loves BBQ chips. He's smart and kind and friendly at school.  He's now in scouts


He also started piano (so did I) and is really liking it and doing awesome. He also started swim lessons. We needed something physical for the winter months and want to be ready for summer.

He still says pretty sweet things about Kate. One time we were discussing what we can do when we are angry instead of getting mad and his suggestion for me when I 'm mad was to picture them all as babyKate

Another time he was telling me just how cute Kate is and I told him that I loved how they all loved her because it gives them a little glimpse of how I feel about them and he said, "yeah...  but you got to give birth to her and that's the beautiful part. Another time I was telling the kids how lucky Kate is to have them them and he said, "WE are so lucky to have HER." He's fun loving and I'm glad he's mine.

Other than his birthday January was pretty uneventful. Ive put my library app to use and have listened to a couple books: 
All the light we cannot see
To kill a mocking bird
In order to live
 I know why the caged bird sings

Kate had an ear infection most of the month. 3 rounds of antibiotics finally did the trick. Mike took Ivan and Jack skiing.

And that pretty much does it.

1 comment:

  1. Miss you guys! and glad you are still blogging! What happened to our blogging world?!

    ReplyDelete