Balle

Balle

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Nine and Five



Ivan, Ivan, Ivan are you really 9? 
This is a good year for you. You seem to have really grown into yourself and seem more comfortable in your skin. I don't mean literally, because you still seem to have issues with how clothes feel and fit. I can probably count on one hand the times you've worn regular "hard" pants in the past 9 years. It's only soft shorts for you my friend. That's ok, I have really grown too and have come to terms with it. If you didn't play so hard and get so sweaty and stinky I would let you wear the same thing everyday like you want to.
You are doing awesome in school and you love your teacher (Mr Mortenson).  Last year we had an "off to school you go" ritual. When I dropped you off you leaned over for a kiss, hug and then knuckles. When you got out you would walk a few steps and then turn around and blow me a kiss. EVERYTIME. Without fail. We don't do that this year. Kind of a bummer. However in exchange for that we are having better mornings. Seems like maybe that ritual was because I sent you off crying more last year, after arguing over the fact that it's not my fault you have to go to school. We've had very few arguments this year so we must not need the ritual.
You love a bowl of cereal before bed. You still ask every night if you can sleep in our bed.You are awesome with baby Kate. You are constantly saying how cute she is. She'll be so smart after listening to her big brother read to her.


 You are still pretty much all sports, play and no business! Anything that interferes with "play" is greeted with resistance. A common question you ask is, "how much time will I have left to play." Unfortunately your life is filling up with other things, but trust me, you still have plenty of play time. You are lucky to have sooo many friends in your neighborhood, but your bestest friends are still  Micah and Charlie. Also Sawyer and Will (from school). We are in scouts together and I enjoy that. You finished up basketball this winter now soccer and baseball are going on.


You got a ski day this winter and did AWESOME. Hope you can get one more in. We'll see. 


face swap

I'm so sorry, but you take after your mom in a lot of ways.



Happy birthday to you and Emery this month




Emery girl- you are growing up too, too fast. Kindergarten next year? What, what? 
You are a pretty articulate little gal, better than your mamma. Your creative side has really come out this year with play dough creations, painting, drawing, baking and other wild concoctions.  You're good at trying new foods. You're the only child who knows how to clean your room. You are always filling purses to the brim and making piles of things or "organizing" things.  


Every-time we go someplace you have to collect of bunch of random things that drive me nuts, clutter the van and make for extra clean up from wherever we are headed. Dad's good to play house with you and your play name is usually Ballerina Princess Pink Rose. 


You started tumbling and have great cartwheels and back bends. You are still loving dance class.


 

You can't keep your hands off Kate

For the first while after baby came you would tell her, "you know those nursies used to be mine." or when you would hold her you would say, "are you looking for nursies?" You would also pat her and say, "there's no worries to cry."
 You go through spells where you like to sleep all over the place; in the crib, in the boys room on the floor, on the couch, under your bed. You are a lot better than the boys at going to bed on your own. You like to get the skin under my arm and pinch it. I don't know if I've documented that in a previous post, but it is still going on and I HATE IT and you say, "I just love your pinchy arms."  I may not love it, but I sure do love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment