Balle

Balle

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Battle of the Books



The elementary does "Battle of the Books." The 3rd and 4th graders split into groups of about 4 kids and they have a list of 20 books to read between them all and then they go against each other answering questions about the books. I wasn't going to sign Ivan up, assuming from all the complaining he does about all activities other than play, he wouldn't want to. Luckily his teacher was good at persuading the kids to do it so he came home one day and told me to sign him up. 

I wasn't sure how it would go. I was 1/2 helicopter parent during the occasion, because instead of switching out his own books during recess like all the other responsible kids, I would do it for him on the days I volunteered. Then when March came and they started holding battle practices during lunch he didn't show up to the first couple, cuz he didn't want to miss recess,  but then I was at the school for one and was surprised when his hand would shoot up to answer questions. They had to know the title and the author and he knew them all. The ball kept rolling from there and the day of the final battle his group took first.



Way to go Ivan!
They had the first and second highest teams battle each other to see who could go on to district. Unfortunately they missed a question and the other team won.   It was so fun to watch. Ivan did great. I was really impressed with how much he knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment