Balle

Balle

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Head shoulders knees and toes

I feel like I'm really able to enjoy my baby girl. 
Rumor has it, she's our last and so I'm very aware of how cute and fun a one year old is. I'm soaking it all in.

She has brought new meaning to the song, "Head, shoulders, knee's and toes" though. She had the Helmet. She was born with a broken collar bone. Her knee's pop like crazy. When she was younger one eye was droopier than the other. It shows up still every once in a while. She has way more ear infections than the boys and is one away from getting tubes. But her mouth and nose are perfect! :)

In other news....
*She gives the sweetest kisses and loves. I'm talking arms tight all the way around the neck, with a squeeze. I love a baby's kiss, when they lean in with that half open mouth and rest it on yours. One day I was nursing her and she would come up for a kiss then go back down to nurse. She did this about 6 times. Some times if she sits kind spider like to nurse, she'll wrap those little fat arms around my big fat waist and squeeze.  Also when she nurses she always raises her little hand up to my mouth and covers it so I'll kiss the palm of her hand. She just holds it there.
p.s. I'm pretty sure there is one more nursing story below. Continue at your own risk

*She's a blanky and thumb girl. The boys were neither. I love watching her bring the blanket up to her mouth while she sucks her thumb.


*She must hold everything on her own. She pretty much self feeds. We sit our 1 yr old in the highchair to feed herself and then we spoon feed our 3 and 5 yr olds.
Oddly enough, I trust the girl with an open cup and straw
She quickly learned that "ahhhhh" sound we exaggerate around babies after drinking liquid. One day she was in her highchair whining over something. Mike was walking around saying, "what? what do you need?" When he passed the fridge she let out a big "ahhhh" sound (as displayed below). Oh gotcha, you need a drink.


*She is definitely a repeater.  When she was really little it was a sneeze or cough sound. I noticed each time I would sneeze or couch she would repeat it. She gets in bed with us in the morn. She searches  around my shirt to nurse and when she finds what she's looking for I say, "there it is." It didn't take long for her to repeat that. One day in sacrament meeting she started pulling my collar out and looking down my shirt saying very loudly, "a e isssss" (there it is) and she drags out the "issss" just the way I did. Her knew one is walking around the house like she's looking for someone and saying, "way ah oo?" (where are you?) and when she see's someone she says, "day oo ah." (there you are). She just gets the right sounds in the right places. It's pretty cute.


*She does like her brothers. Ivan's 100% good to her 100% of the time. Jack on the other hand likes to give her a little slug once in a while or knock her over when he walks by. Usually he's the sweetest to her first thing in the morning. He calls her his little cutie pie as they enjoy a glass of ovaltine together. 


*I still like cute girl clothes. It's nice because long pants turn into capri's and dresses turn into shirts. This is one of my favorite outfits. These little leggings were pants when she was 6 months.


and do you remember this little red dress. It's just kind of a long shirt now. 
I love these 2 pictures, she looks so grown up playing in the cupboard. I can't wait till that kind of play really takes off!


It's hard to see, but the shoes are so dang cute


And I do think she is super cute in this

There is only one thing we don't like about her! She has THEE most ANNOYING scream. I guess that could be the, "mouth" part of the song. It's not like a loud crying tantrum, it's just this really loud ehhhh, ehhhh, ehhhh sound when she needs something or is mad. It's almost done me in. She'll sit in her high chair and do it over and over again as I'm frantically trying to get her food to her. Without hurting someone in the process.  Then when I sit it down in front of her she sweetly looks up at me and says with a smile, "kank ku" (thank you). And then the world is good again.





2 comments:

  1. She is adorable!!! Fun post! My youngest has an annoying scream- still at 4 years old!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybell has stollen a piece of my heart too :)

    ReplyDelete