Balle

Balle

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Just in time for football season

 Introducing Baby Maybell and her new helmet..... to be worn 23 hrs a day..... for 2 months! Do I like it? You ask. Nope, I really don't. I didn't think it would be that bad, but now that we actually have it, I'm sad for my little sweet heart. She's just squirmy and uncomfortable all day. Her naps are short and her poor little head is so hot in that thing. Not to mention the pressure it puts on that poor right eye.
 I had to show this picture because doesn't she look like a fatty! I mean I know she's a little chub, but this picture looks like a Guiness Book of World Records fat baby.
And here's our little sleeping beauty
The best thing about these sleeping pictures is that you can see I haven't put her sheet back on since last Tuesday.... when Jacey took off her poopy pull up during her nap and got it all over the sheet! I guess the poopy business is more than just talk and pictures around here. :) A week later and I've yet to put another sheet on. It's all I can do to get the milk back in the fridge around here.... it's gonna have to wait!
And this here is just to show you how I've given up all hope of a healthy life style by purchasing that big blue container of sugar water. Just couldn't endure the begging that day. :)
Well, my new favorite part of the day is the hour from 6:00pm to 7:00pm when we get a break from the helmet. I'm pretty sure it's Emery's favorite time too. You can see the relief and freedom she feels during that hour. All the sudden she gets so happy and smiley and wants to move around instead of having me hold her. We love our little baby girl so much!

6 comments:

  1. Don't know if you remember our little Ellie had to have that surgery on her skull. Be thankful you don't have to put her through that. She is darling and 2 months will be over before you know it. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My niece wore a helmet too. She decked it out with cute stickers with CLAIRE spelled out in the front. It looked so cute and almost like an accessory :) Poor emery though...I'm sure it's no fun to wear :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww....poor little thing. But she looks adorable in it!! Scotty was close to needing one of those, but ended up not. It's hard to go through things like this with out kids. Grant is going to have surgery on his toe soon and I'm anxious about him having a cast. Wish we could just make everything better with a kiss!!! Love you Becca Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh, she's CUTE! helmet or not. just think of that nice looking head she's going to have ;)

    and now i see why charlie came home with a blue mouth the other day...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Bec, i know it's hard, but will most def be worth it! She sure is a cute little girl! Hope your doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my sweet little Maybell! You will have such a beautiful head! And I just can't wait to kiss those cheeks!

    ReplyDelete