Balle

Balle

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

What she's doin now

We got our first little chuckle out loud yesterday from our little bundle of joy! Ok it was more like a super happy grunt or something, but I'm going to count it because we needed someone to laugh yesterday. A little sunshine in our dim day. Oh she's cute!

The boys have Hand Foot and Mouth and it has not been fun. They actually aren't miserable at all. The misery comes with the knowledge that the virus lingers around forever and stays contagious and can manifest itself at different periods. So I'm worrying non-stop about if it's going to get worse for either of them, if or when the baby is going to get it and who else we may have given it to. Yesterday was just a hard day. We hug, kiss and snuggle A LOT around here, so having to keep my distance from the boys so I don't pick up the virus (adults can) and give it to Emery, creates A LOT of wining. Kids following me around, "hold me, hold me." Jack had a few spells yesterday where he got crying and just would not stop. I'm cloroxing toys non stop and my hands have been washed till they are dryer than a bone. So when Maybell laughed outloud it made my day.

When my dear husband got home he suggested I take Emery and go out the rest of the night to relax with shop therapy. I did. I went to Ikea. Then I went to TJ Maxx and I think it was, "bring your kids to TJ Maxx" night. I guess they didn't know I was trying to get away from kids. There was one little boy who followed his mom around repeating NONSTOP, "mom, mom, mom, mom" trying to get her attention. I was this close to screaming out, "answer your kid would you?!?! before I have a complete nervous breakdown!!" so that shopping trip wasn't therapeutic at all.
But, man this little girl is cute. She's 2 1/2 mo now and her little laugh yesterday reminded me that I ought to jot down her 2 mo milestone. 

At her apt she weighed almost 13lbs and almost 24 in long. 90% for both. Her head however, comes in 30th%. All my kids chub up pretty quickly. It's a fight over who likes nursing more, me? or the babies? I warn them, "you open your mouth and make a peep and I nurse you." They don't seem to mind!

Her head is flat on the right side, her left eye always kinda looks lazy (you can see in the picture) and she turns and holds her head to the right more. Hmmmmm

She sleeps 8 hours. I feed her then 3 hours more. Heaven.

A couple weeks ago I hung a little mobile thing over her car seat to see if she was interested and it was so awesome to watch her stare at that thing. You could just see the wheels turning, figuring out how to control those hands and get them up there. She worked hard a day or two batting at them and then she finally caught one with her hand and has been grabbing them ever since. This is one of my favorite times, when they discover their hands. They hold them up in front of their face and just stare at them as they move around. 

She is a happy baby and LOVES to be talked to. This is another of my favorites. These little conversations. We look at each other and I talk and then let her talk and she just goo's sooooo dang cute. Just like she's telling you something.

We love our little girl. We also love our little boys. When I took this picture of Maybell this morning Jack wanted me to take one of him also...

Well, I'm off to mow the lawn. Maybe the boys will stay inside and watch Spirit for the 26th time in the last 2 days.

4 comments:

  1. Might I add that though you're always talking about how strong Evie's neck is, she has not yet grabbed at something like Emery.

    Hope your boys feel better soon! Jack is handsome in that last pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca- we use a noise machine we bought at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. It sounds like rain. I love it because if Dinah's being noisy (or, let's be honest, throwing a fit) it muffles it for Evie and she rarely wakes up. I know some people think I'm a little extreme in the sleep environment things I use for my babes (dark curtains, swaddle blanket, noisemaker) but I really really really can't handle not getting good sleep, and my methods seem to work wonders for my children. Maybe they are just good sleepers on their own and I'm taking credit where credit isn't due, but I'm too chicken to find out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good day to get a laugh out of Emery. Poor boys, i feel bad for them.. I hope they start feeling better. I need to research hand, foot & month. not sure what it is, but have heard of it.. Emery is growing & looks so cute. Glad she is a good sleeper. That is so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Might I request an update post? Miss your posting (not that we've been good lately).

    ReplyDelete