Balle

Balle

Sunday, February 12, 2012

The funny thing is.....

as a baby, Ivan was far from the "baby" I make him out to be in that previous post about the boys. I did make him out to be kind of a baby didn't I?  But really, we never felt like we had a baby with Ivan..... Until now :). He does whine ALOT and he wants me to hold him rather than walk himself into another room. When Jack hits him he sits there and cries about it and I'm like, "Ivan, you are bigger than him and older than him, move away from him, rather than sit there like you can't move and cry while he hits you!" He wants me to feed him. He wants me to get things for him.  He must be making up for that first year. He was holding his little head up by the time we left the hospital, probably because he weighed close to 9lbs. When he would lay on his back and you would hold his arms and give a slight little tug like you were going to pull him up he would try and pull himself up. At 2 months he was trying to get his little hands to work (i'm reading all this out of his baby book) and cooing like crazy, rolled over at 3 months, sitting up at about 4 1/2 mo and up on his hands and knee's at 4 months rocking back and forth and then crawled by 6 months. No biggy. Until Jack came along. I'm pretty sure he was still sleeping 23 out of the 24 hours in the day at 3 months. If you laid him back like we did Ivan and tugged on his arms to pull him up he and his head would just flop backwards like a rag doll. Didn't roll over or show any sign of it till he was 6 mo. At 9 mo he was doing the army crawl, but not a full on crawl. Comparing the two I thought for sure Ivan would grow into this strong, independent thing and Jack would be the one I'd still be feeding and carrying around at age 3. well was I ever wrong. :) Jack can do it all by himself and I keep praying Ivan will learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment