Balle

Balle

Thursday, February 16, 2012

A good day

A good day is almost better to me than a spectacular day. Those kinds of days are surely exciting, but I like the peace and comfort and goodness that comes from a "good day." Most days I consider normal..... that is, when I'm not pregnant, but the fact of the matter is, I am pregnant, with a case of the irritables. That makes most days hard, emotionally and physically (with a large belly to work around). But, Tuesday morning we got up and made cookies and drove up to salt lake to kick valentines to both sets of grandparents. It was nice, not a lot of whining in the morning.

When I was young I loved valentines at school, but after school we'd make valentines for our friends in the neighborhood and put them on the doorstep and ring the bell and run. I loved that. So Ivan put the cookies on the doorstep and we hid and watched grandma and grandpa come out and pretent to be so surprised. Oh the boys were so cute. We visitited my parents for a bit and then went and did Mikes parents. We had some time before we had to get back for Jacey at 1:00 so we went in and played a while. I sat on the couch and before I knew it I was asleep. Ahhhhh that might have been what made the day so great. I can't remember the last time I took a nap. I don't know what it was, but man that was a nice, much needed, rest. Then when we got home and walked in the house Mike had taken a break from work to sneak in and leave this on the counter. Surprise! Flowers for mom and balloons for the boys. That was better than the nap. And the nap was good! Then we watched Jacey for the rest of the day and it was just a good day! 


 Since we had Jacey Valentines, we didn't go out that night. Her parents offered to watch the boys if we wanted to go out another night so we planned to go to dinner Wednesday night. Mike was planning on that and I decided to plan a surprise candleight dinner at home instead. Sometimes it's nice to be at home with no kids. We were pretty good at this sort of thing when we first got married. We are going on 5 years now and saddly it gets less and less so I was determined to bring back those memories for us. when he got home I had these paper rose peddles leading from the garage door into our bedroom for our dinner. It was darker than the pictures show and the candles looked awesome.

 It was a great dinner and time together. We were able to talk about each other and just enjoy each other. After dinner we went to Emmets for ice cream, but they were closed so we ended up at Arctic Circle for a sunday. Enjoyable, enjoyable time.
Here's to a "good day." Happy Valentines 2012

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like an AWESOME day!! Being at home without kids is such a luxury!

    ReplyDelete