Balle

Balle

Sunday, November 13, 2011

It's a ......

Ok, so I took the video off and put pictures instead.... with a quick explanation. From a couple comments I think there's a little confusion about the situation? Maybe because I haven't really said we are expecting. We are expecting. Thursday we went in for the ultra sound. I love my boys and would have a dozen if I could, but for some reason, if we were having our 3rd boy, I didn't want to discover it on the ultra sound. I'd rather see a cute boy outfit or something. So we had the tech write it on a piece of paper then we went to the mall and picked out a pink and blue outfit, took it to the gift wrap and gave them the paper with the gender written on it and had them wrap the appropriate outfit. Then we went to dinner to open it... and from the pictures you can see that what I mean by, "WE went to open it" is, "I opened it." Well someone had to video! :)
 Hmmmm, what'll it be? what'll it be?


Ahhhhhhh, it's a girl!! I must say we were really, really surprised and really, really excited to find out it's a girl!!!! We of course were gearing up for a boy and then in the ultra sound the tech had us turn our head so she could find out and then right after she said, "now I need to try and get a better look at his profile." We both caught the "his."  I had noticed she had referred to it as a "his" earlier in the ultra sound so I thought she must just always call it that, but then she had just looked at his parts so I thought that she slipped. Mike was for sure that meant it was a boy. I was 95% sure. We almost just decided not to go get the outfits since we already knew what it was. So to sum it up... it was a very, very fun surprise when I saw that pink edging on the outfit. It was an awesome feeling!
That was just the start of a great weekend. We planned our first over nighter, alone, since we've had kids. We had my mom and Mandy come to the house and stay with the boys and we went to park city. We left Friday morning and exhausted the outlets, hoping to get some Christmas shopping under our belt then we went to dinner at the famous pizza place on main street, which we actually wanted to find some place a little more unique, but it was cold and we were hungry and we settled. It turned out to be amazing. I don't use that word often. The pizza we chose was soooooo good. Mmmm it was good. I can taste it as I'm typing about it. :) Then we got us a nice big piece of chocolate for dessert.
 Now you may want to divert your eyes before you see the rest of our crazy night. When we checked in the guy told us we could park in the outside lot or in the underground parking, however the underground was first come first serve. Well seeing how it was a late 6:30.... on a Friday night.... in Park City.....when we were done with dinner and wanted to retire, we had our pick of parking spaces.  I know, it's crazy of us to stay out so late. I guess that's what happens at 35.
 We finished our evening with a BYU basket ball game and a wild scrabble match. Heavenly Father does love me, we are having a girl AND I beat Mike at scrabble. Normally when we play I start out ahead, but Mike makes the big finish. It almost happened again! I was way ahead the whole game and then at the very end he pulled ahead, however it got to where he couldn't form anymore words and I got 2 or 3 more in and beat him!!! man it feels good!

 On our way home the next morning we stopped at the blue plate diner in Sugar House and again had an amazingly delicious breakfast. All I had was a waffle, but it had fresh strawberries and for some reason it was better than any waffle I've had. Mikes omelet, also the best we've had.
Talk about a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. That is such a fun idea!! I wish I had thought of something fun like that. Congratulations!!! We need to get together sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You went to all of my favorite places! The outlets, main street pizza and noodles, and the chocolate factory. Double Yum! And yay for a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! I didn't know you were knocked up. I'm so happy for you! I love your face when you were opening the box and saw the pink outfit. That was a fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok. what if the gift wrapper is playing a dirty trick on you. nah, she wouldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How funny! Congrats! I was just as excited as you two when we found out Jessica was a girl, but too lazy to go through all the shopping part. But now I have a question about the Scrabble game. I thought that when a person runs out of tiles, the game is over and the tiles in their opponent's hand go against them?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for a GIRL! I am so excited for you guys...There's something about a sweet baby girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Girl! So fun Bec. I am so so so excited for you. I can't wait to see a little Becca running around. I loved how you found out too so fun. I hope your feeling good. call me sometime, Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yea - so excited for you! - Elise G

    ReplyDelete