Balle

Balle

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Happy Halloween 2011

Ok so with summer officially being over, we start the great season of holidays and traditions and snow and cold. It really is a fun time of the year. I feel like the holidays help make the cold winter less painful. I'm not trying to sound sacrilegious or anything, but lots of people try to stay away from the commercialized Christmas's that take place, and maybe we should? but I feel like I have a love for the Savior year round and I say bring on the fun, the lights, the presents, the decorations, the music, of Christmas. It sure spices up this mortal life we live. That was just a tangent... anyway, back to Halloween. The weather was nice this year, no rain, no snow. Gardner Village puts on a great witch display.


Lisa brought pumpkins to grandma's house and I'm glad, because I don't get into pumpkin carving (on my own) as good as I should. It's nice to have someone help me along. We had a great time carving pumpkins.


and baking the seeds. My favorite part.

The finished products.

Provo city does this fun little Halloween boat ride on part of the Provo river. There was lots of fun pumpkins to see and a funny pirate who told funny pirate jokes. We may do it again next year.

This is us on our way to our ward Halloween party. I'm nothing. My mom just had this pink wig and pink fake eye lashes, so I partook.

 Halloween night we got Ivan in his costume. He and Jack sat down in the hall and were talking. About 5 seconds later Jack came wondering over telling me, "shhhhh." So we let him sleep an hour or so.
.

Then Mike took the boys out trick or treating. Jack is a penguin, but the outfit had feet in it and we've had to cut out all the feet in his pajama's cuz he doesn't like them, soooo he didn't wear the costume, just the hat. And people still gave him candy ;)

Jacey and her mom and dad trick or treating our house
ANOTHER great Halloween. Until next year!

1 comment:

  1. Everyone looks so cute!! I feel the same as you about Christmas.

    ReplyDelete