Balle

Balle

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Jack's 18 month documentation

Jack is now the big one-eight. No height and weight stats to record, because we haven't been in for his well check yet. I keep getting the calls from IHC though, basically telling me I'm an abusive, neglectful mother who needs to take him in. Oh well.

Well, I can't believe he is now 18 months. For 2 reasons: One, because time has gone so fast and two, because he looks and seems like he's just a baby. I don't know if it's just the no hair thing that's keeping him looking young, but Ivan seemed like such a big boy by 18 months. He had more hair and I swear he was talking full sentences. We put him in a twin bed and I was about 5 months pregnant with Jack when Ivan was about 18 months. That really seems crazy. I can't see Jack in a twin bed and I can't imagine having another baby on the way when I still have this baby. The darlingest baby ever though. Man we love that cute, big head attached to a small body with short legs. He is so chill, but yet throws mean tantrums.

He loves this little book about pooh and tigger and when we get to a certain page where pooh can't find tigger he brings his hands up, palms facing up, like little kids do, and asks, "go?" and then the next page tigger is stuck in a tree and he says, "stuck." It's my favorite when they start doing stuff like that. The thing with my children is they are so sweet and fun at home and then turn into sour pusses when they are out around people. Nice people try to say nice things to them and they put their head down or in my shoulder and scowl. What's up with that? So I just
have to post cute video's now and then so other's can see that they actually do smile, laugh and are sweet. Actually this is more for the grandma's and Lanie. The last couple times she's been with us she has tried to get jack to talk and he won't, so here you go Lalanya...















5 comments:

  1. Ohhh--he's so cute!! My boys do that too- in public they are quiet and boring, at home they are fun and cute. It's frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are all so different. Jessica spoke in full sentences at 18 months and I swear Tanner was almost 4 before he'd say anything but "yes". Older kids called him the "ES" boy, because that's all he ever said...then BOOM...full sentences one day. The first one I remember was him crying at church and when I asked what was the matter, he said, "I want a red tie like Jake's." Hahaha..how do we ever know what they want before they talk?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BECCA!!!! Oh muh gosh! Look at all your handsome men!! And you look amazing!! It was so good to hear from you. We are in Georgia, just outside of Atlanta. We've been here for 6 years now, and LOVE it here. Sad thing is, I never run into any of my ol' buds clear out here.

    I was just organizing some photos from Snow College and came across a photo shoot with Me, You, Adri, Kelli, and Lisa (forget her last name, darn it). Those EC girls have got some hair! Good grief! I also came across a little photo scrapbook that you made and gave all of us. I must admit, I don't remember the date with the roses??? It might have been some other really cute brunette ;)

    Well, I hope you don't mind if I sneak a peek at what the Balle Family is up to every now and then!! Good to "see" you Becca!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK that video was so ADORABLE! What a sweet little boy. It honestly made me so happy. I love how we would say each word so quickly and simple. What a cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becca it is absolutely unacceptable that you have not posted in over a month. Shame on you. No cheesy nachos with salsa for you, or countertop lion jumping (was it a lion?). Please rectify the situation...might I suggest a "while I was ironing post", maybe about the potential GOP candidates?

    ReplyDelete