Balle

Balle

Saturday, March 11, 2023

Family History Challenge

The temple and family history committee has given us 4 weeks of challenges for this month of March. One challenge to do everyday. It's a competition between all the organizations. They (Heather Humpherys) have put so much thought into these challenges.  They are well worth your time. One of them is to journal the answers to these 3 questions. So here I go

1. When was the first time you remember feeling the spirit? Describe the circumstances and the feeling.

            The first time I remember feeling the spirit was probably in primary singing the primary songs. I just remember feeling comforted by the words and knowing they were telling me something important.  Later when I was young women age I can remember singing, "Walk Tall You're a Daughter"  at Julie Ree's funeral and feeling the spirit very strongly.  I'm not sure if we also sang, "Because I have been given much'" at that time or if it was another time in sacrament meeting, but it also was powerful and seemed to validate what I thought to be true. 


2. In what experience do you know the Lord helped you? How do you know? How did He help?

        Hmm this one is a tough one. I just started a journal where I plan to record small occurrences where I feel Gods hand. I have seen it over the past couple years as RS president. Sometimes things I've read or been thinking about will just flow together to accomplish a lesson or something. Also there was a time we had a lesson planned and the teacher texted a day or two before and said she had covid. I started to think of a discussion I could lead, but nothing was coming to mind. Another one of our teachers lives across the street and had been on a bike ride. She was just pulling back in the neighborhood and saw me out on the porch and came over and said, "I feel like I should come over and let you know that I have my lesson ready for whenever you need me to teach." (she was schedule for a couple weeks later). So we had her teach.  Another time a couple in our ward went to Germany for a back surgery. One day I kept feeling like I should text and see how things were going. I sent the text and then remembered the time difference and thought, 'shoot she's going to get this at like 3:00am." She texted right back and said that she had been feeling really alone and had been praying for comfort and then my text came through.

 I know He definitely helped me on my mission. As I read my mission journals I hear about a lot of times where I wasn't sure what to say, but  could feel guidance as I spoke. I also wrote multiple times about a frustration I had and then finding an answer in the scriptures. 

3. What is your favorite title of Christ and why? I like to use Savior. 


another goal for the week is to write 3 things you love about each of your immediate family members

Mike- his patience, his work ethic, his desire to be good

Ivan- his discipline in football, his discipline in school, his love for Kate

Jack-His sensitivity towards other people (good friend), his desire to get good grades, his sense of humor

Emery-her independence,  capability and dedication to school work

Kate-her sense of humor, her kindness, 

No comments:

Post a Comment