Balle

Balle

Sunday, March 31, 2019

Emery's spotlight

Emery Sharon Balle
I'm gonna call her "tumbleina," because she just can't quit cartwheeling, hanging upside down, jumping on the neighbors tramp, flipping over the couch and just bouncing all around the town. She's finishing up her 2nd year of tumbling. It's been hard, they work these girls and there was a spell where Emery wanted out, but she stuck with is and has mastered her front walkover, back walkover, back handspring, aerial, and her back tuck is just about there.







Mrs. Tumbleina is also so very smart and capable.
I'm not joking when is say capable. She's a better mom than I am. She takes care of Kate so well. If it weren't against the law I would hire her as my babysitter.

 Her logic is amazing for a 1st grader and she can articulate herself better than I can. In kindergarten last year she didn't seem to progress in reading as the boys did and I was getting a tad worried that she wasn't getting it, but this year she has just excelled. She moved up the chart so fast I couldn't believe it. I got this email from her teacher back in November

"Hello, I just wanted to take a minute and share with you how much I love having Emery in my class. She is a sweetheart who always tries her best. She works hard to do the right thing and sets a great example for her classmates. Emery is always a ray of sunshine who brightens up our classroom. Thank you for sharing her with me. I am so thankful to spend my days with students as amazing as she is." -Emily Sroufe

She gets all her homework done on her own and gives me all the info about her class that I need before I even read the newsletters. She makes her own lunch and can pretty much just take care of herself.

She'll go in her room, set up her toys the certain way she likes them and just plays by herself.


She also loves her little friends and I love to hear them play as well. She does have a little grown up, sassy side that I'm trying to bring back down to the 1st grade. When she pretends that she has a cell phone and is texting like a teenager I have to remind her to enjoy being a 1st grader by playing 1st grader things. She has crush's on Ivan's friends and likes to get in their business when they are over.

She writes the sweetest notes. The other night I came home and she had made a little treasure hunt for me and Mike. The last clue ended on our bed and we each had a box on our pillow.
(this was her old valentine box) it says, "open the box."

Inside was a note that said, "mom I love you so much and know how much you do for us and I am so lucky to have a great mom. From ?"



This little thing is now my big, mature 7yr old. We love you so much Emery




No comments:

Post a Comment