Balle

Balle

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Chicago One

Mike has a 3 part leadership training in Chicago- One at the end of March, one at the end of April and one the end of June. We've decided that I'll go a long and we'll take one kid with us each time.

Emery and Kate go first....

I was looking forward to our flight. I figured Kate would sleep the whole time and we could settle in and watch a movie. Nope, Kate wouldn't sleep and was so weirdly tired and out of control. Horrible flight. When we arrived we got settled into our room and walked up the busy Chicago street to eat at "Marqs." It was so good. Then I we went back to the hotel and I put Kate down and got my quiet TV time while Mike swam with Emery.  She got a mermaid tail for her birthday, so we brought it along. We did ALOT of swimming in the hotel this trip.

The next morning we swam for a bit and then walked down to this little sandwich/coffee shop and got us these donuts to share while Kate took her nap.



It was a tad cold, but we ventured out to the famous silver bean and then over to the Maggy Daily children's park to play



We were on our own during the day and then Mike joined us in the evening. Of course we got us some Chicago style pizza. It's deliciuos!



We went to the Willis tower, formally known as the Sears tower, where you take the elevator to the top and can step out over the city on these glass windows

It's a pretty quick trip. We get in Monday night and head home Wednesday night. 
Saying goodbye to our hotel isn't bad, cuz I know I'll be back.
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment