Balle

Balle

Thursday, May 12, 2016

The dreaded day has arrived. Scouts.

When we got our brand new van 4 yrs ago I said to Mike, "I'm bracing myself for the day we have to haul a bunch of boy scouts around in this thing, with their dirty hands, wiping dirty boogers on the ceiling and their rowdy bodies bouncing all over the place. I was right. The day has come.

When I was the primary president a few years back I had to keep tabs on cub scouts, I didn't know a lot about it, just enough that it was kind of a thorn in my side and I didn't ever really want to be a scout leader. But when Ivan turned 8 in March I knew my time was approaching.

I've arrived. I'm a cub scout leader.

Instead of the long lived traditional pinewood derby this year, they did a lego derby. It was great. They had bins and bins of lego's and the boys could build, race, rebuild to their hearts content. Ivan didn't really take any place. He was kinda getting discouraged. The siblings could build too and after a while Jack and Ivan decided to they should work together to build one and it went well. It beat the other cars in that run. They were sooooo happy.



No comments:

Post a Comment