Balle

Balle

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Eight and Four

Happy 8th Birthday Ivan
These round cakes are left over from a RS party the previous thur night. I just added the frosting. 

They get a friend party on their 8th bday. Ivan was pretty excited. It was  simple, we played dodgeball and british bulldog in the back yard, had pizza and cake and ice cream. They had a great time
It was a tad windy so he had to step inside to blow out candles


Happy 4th Birthday to Emery

Thank you Ryan and Cam for the gift Idea
 New sleeping bag from Brad, Jan and Brett



All Ivan wants to do is get a good snuggle in with this girl and she is such a stinker and won't let him. Ivan is my little snuggler. He loves to snuggle with me and Mike and he want's to snuggle Emery so bad. One night she let him and later he said to me, "Mom, when I was snuggling Emery I was in another world." He's always telling me how we have the cutest girl ever. He's got such a sweet, sensitive side to him, he makes sure I don't feel bad if he does something with Mike and visa versa, yet  he can also be such a complainer and arguer. Ug! He still love everything about every sport. He goes down stairs w a friend everyday and they spend hours kicking the ball back and forth to each other and trying to guard it before it hits the wall. He LOVES to be playing. He complains about everything else because it gets in the way of his playing. For the past 3 yrs we've really enjoyed reading together in bed at night. Mike usually takes Jack in to his room and Ivan gets in my bed and we read. We've got a long list of books we've read together and I love it. I'm probably the worst parent with Ivan, I think that's why I like the reading relationship we have because it makes me feel like I"m doing one thing right with him.


Emery told me the other day that I needed to go to my room, think about my attitude and then change it. My cousin Ryan asked me once if Emery was sassy and I think I said, "no" but I wanna change my answer. We love us some Emery. She is so fun and so sweet (when she wants to be). She likes dance and wearing dance outfits and filling up purses and playing. She's good to play by herself at times and I love listening to it. She likes having friends and going to her little preschool even if it is only once a week. 

thats all i can think of  right now…..

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for honest assessments of your kids. I think, in the thick of raising children, maybe 75% of the raising them (it seems) is getting after them or lecturing or trying to get places on time (or not) or sighing or being frustrated, and then the other 25% is the good moments. Some days it's more like a 95% to 5% ratio. Kids can be frustrating.

    I think it's helpful to have honest assessments in journals or blogs about kids and to be frank. Hopefully, when they are raising kids in the future, they'll have those to look back at and to know what kind of kid they were for their parents, so they will realize that their kids are a lot like them (if that makes sense).

    -Ryan

    ReplyDelete