Balle

Balle

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The month of December (2013)



WE START OUT WITH FHE-
We've been trying to create the tradition of taking the first Mon of the month to do a Christmas FHE and then take the kids out to pick an ornament for the tree. Open new pajama's too, if they are in need. 

 Ivan picked a wolf ornament. Jack got an airplane. Emery picked a dog. This year was the first year we made it out of the store with the ornaments all in one piece.  yay


 

THEN THE WARD PARTIES BREAK OUT
 What's December without a ward party or two or three.  I have fond memories of them growing up. So this year we went to ours Friday night...


My moms ward Saturday morning-
  
my fun young women's leader growing up and her husband


And then Mike's moms ward Saturday night

NEXT IN THE MONTH IS A SILLY GIFT EXCHANGE PARTY AT MY HOUSE
I've been hosting a little Christmas gift exchange game party thing at my house every year. This is maybe the 4th year? It's a pretty good time. We tried to get a family photo this year since everyone was there.








AND THEN THE DANCE RECITAL
another of my favorite December activities. I really cannot wait to get my little one up there.  Dance recitals have been such a part of my life and me and all my siblings (even the boys) have gone through them and now all of the grandkids are. I can't wait for one of mine to be a part




THE NIELSEN FAMILY PARTY
I sure miss my grandparents (both sides). I'm glad we still get together with my extended family now and then. There is always a talent show. Singing, dancing, violin, piano, harmonica….



and standing there looking cute. She wanted to get up there and do something, but then when everyone was watching she all the sudden got shy and wouldn't move, but wouldn't get off the stage either 




SANTA'S HOUSE VISIT
Good, friendly neighbors who make the rounds




CHRISTMAS EVE, EVE-YOUNG FAMILY PARTY
This year we actually held our Christmas eve party the day before Christmas Eve. We thought we would get Nielsens kids then. We didn't do anything service oriented this year. It was a pretty low key evening. I took a picture of the table just so I have one for the record. Mom has used those plates for years and I know one day I'll want to remember a simple thing like her table setting.





  
Emery got a doll from my mom and spent the rest of the night on my dads lap rocking and feeding her baby. It was pretty sweet.
 

CHRISTMAS EVE
Never in my life have I had just my family alone on Christmas Eve. Growing up it was all my moms side of the fam. Now it's all me and my siblings. This year since we did that the day before Christmas Eve, it was just my little family. Mike's family gets together on Christmas day so we had his mom come stay over with us. We had a nice little dinner


  
Mike got these gingerbread things from work so we decorated them







  

We put the nativity together and talked about it


  
Ivan got to unwrap the book his teacher gave him

  
both boys actually got books from their teachers



CHRISTMAS MORNING
I do, I do, I just love everything about Christmas. It was just like magic to me when I was little. I hope my kids feel the same. I wish I had more pictures of it when I was young, to recreate that magic


 

BALLE'S CHRISTMAS
Mikes family get's together Christmas day.  Presents, presents and more presents! 
We do love our family



My favorite gift!
I think Ivan was more excited about this gift he made for us in school than anything. He could hardly wait for us to open it. He tried really hard not to tell us what it was before hand.  We love you and your hands

Merry Christmas. Next year will be here before we know it

1 comment:

  1. loved the epic update. what do you think mark would say if i suggested 3 ward parties next year? hahahahha! don't they say opposites attract? when it comes to things like this, i start to think that's why we're such good friends :)

    ReplyDelete