Balle

Balle

Monday, May 6, 2013

The story of my life

Cold food and unfinished business!
I don't know how many times I do this.... put a piece of toast in the toaster, get doing something else and then 20 min later notice my toast has popped up.  If it's not toast it's a 1/2 made bed, a 1/2 cleaned bathroom or a glass of water sitting out I forgot to drink. 

Cousin Shelley told me about the 1 touch rule. Instead of picking up your trousers, putting them on the back of the couch, then later moving them to your room on the edge of the bed and then finally days later getting them into the closet, you just tell yourself the minute you touch something it goes all the way back to where it came from. I try it. I need to start applying it to food now too. Once I put that toast in the toaster I don't leave until it's in my belly. 

4 comments:

  1. Ha! That kind of stuff happens to me all the time. I'm amazed that I'm able to finish anything during the day. I start a billion things, but only a few actually get finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet that never happens to you with a plate of cheesy, salsa-y nachos, does it now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i do the exact same thing every day of my life. i go to put folded clothes away in my room and then start doing something in there. then 2 hrs later i remember that i was folding clothes and go back to that. someone once told me that not concentrating is a sign of depression. i told them that it's a sign of having 2 kids and working from home. i use to be so organized in my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I often find poor, abandoned, dried out toast in my toaster.

    ReplyDelete