Balle

Balle

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Sports Commentator

Swoosh!


And that's how it's done!

So you've heard that Ivan likes anything sports. Maybe he'll be a sports commentator some day? Often times he commentates his own game. Sounds something like this.... "here comes Ivan up the court and swoosh, he dunks it!" or "and he moves to the right, to the left, he takes the ball, an interception from Ivan Balle!"  There's always a "hand off" here, a "dribble up the court" there and many a "touchdown" of course.

Well the other morning he was playing himself a game of basketball and I hear, "It's Ivan Balle on the court. He's all clean and his hair smells good!"

Whatever the boys ends up being he'll be a clean one that's for sure. We've had a winter of extremely dry, cracked and bloody knuckles because he insists on washing his hands 60 million times a day. For a while he was making his friends wash their hands before they could play with his toys.
(Don't worry, I am familiar with the term OCD) 

But back to the sports thing, he is also into doing his sports plays in slow motion. So he runs across the family room floor, slow motion, football in hand, commentating all the way. Then lucky for me, he likes to tackle in slow motion and comes up numerous times a day behind me, usually when I'm holding something or in the middle of something and wraps his arms around my legs, pulling me down in a slow motion tackle. It's REALLY fun!


3 comments:

  1. so funny! what a clean boy! I already can't get charlie to bathe and he's so not into sports... but trains are an entirely different story as you know. Someday you'll miss those slow motion tackles, like when he's in school all day. Boo hoo :(. We can cry together about it while we sit on the lawn and watch jack and Lucy play. Oh the thought of them not there is about to send me into fit of tears right now. No seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute!!! I love that he loves sports so much. I have 3 boys and none of them are really interested in sports. Soccer a little, but that's about it. And they all hate bathing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute kids you have...he must watch sports on TV!

    ReplyDelete