Balle

Balle

Monday, November 12, 2012

Ever in your wildest dreams did you think you would reach this day?

We don't look a day over 20, I know!  So we are just as surprised as you are that Mike turns 40 this month! 40 I say! It can't be true can it? And even worse, that means I'm not far behind him. Now does that look like a 40 yr old couple to you?!?! Yes!! Yes, I hate to say it, but it most definitely does. Boo hoo :(
 But we still had a great celebration. I surprised him with a few things. I arranged for the kids to sleep at my moms. We went to dinner, walked around the mall, went and got ice-cream, then went back to our clean, quiet house. It was nice. Then the next morning we went and had a couples massage. Much needed and way over due. Then my mom brought our kids back to our house and watched them at our place while we went on a bike ride. We haven't been able to do that alone since we got our bikes. Ahhh it was so fun!
 Ok Mike,  get in front of me and I'll take a picture of you riding. Lets see if a 40 yr old rides his bike any different than a 39 yr old
 K Becca now you get in front of me.....




lets see, how many different pictures can you get of the same two people on the same two bikes? Mike wanted to get all the mountain ranges in the background, so look at that instead of us.

No, I didn't do my hair or make up that morning :)

Well then that night I had arranged for a little surprise dessert night with friends. They were to come at 8:00. About 7:30 I was hustling to make dessert while Mike went in to put Jack down. After about 20 minutes I thought, "oh dear, Mikes going to fall asleep in there with Jack," as he often does. Plus I needed help cuz the baby was starting to get fussy and Ivan was starting to get in my space, so I went in and got him. He came out all relaxed and on the verge of sleep so when I said in a whisper, "uh, surprise, I've invited some friends over" he tried to look happy and thankful, but really didn't and wasn't! Then when he came out into the family room and saw the pictures on the tv and the pictures tied to balloons he looked like he had a pretty good stomach ache. Please don't make me play a silly game with pictures!!!

There was no silly game. I did however find a few pictures to represent different times and traditions in his life and we passed them around and just kinda talked about them.

Something must be funny
something must stink
well It turned out to be really fun, thanks to fun friends. Happy Birthday Mike. Only good things ahead I'm sure.

1 comment: