Balle

Balle

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Ok, ready to record a few things

It's unfortunate that it takes a passing to really honor someones life. I wish Carson didn't have to go, but his little life has turned out to be such and inspiration to a lot of people. It's been really neat to learn so much about him. I'm sad it has to be under these circumstances. I wish we could just naturally do that with ourselves and the people around us. Really dive in and honor who they are and how they live. I've really tried to honor my boys a little better lately and figure out who they are and what makes them so great. Anyway- like I said two posts ago... In honor of little Carson's life, I need to cherish ours. My way of doing that is blogging.
The summer sure has been a bitter sweet one. We really had a great 4th of July. Tradition is we go up to Midway with all my aunts, uncles and cousins on my mom's side. We eat and swim and enjoy family. This year, instead of fireworks at Jordan High school with my family, we decided to celebrate with the neighbors. Man we had a good time. So good that we wanted a repeat on the 24th.
We ate out on our driveway. Kate did all the picture taking so I pulled most of these from her blog. Thanks Kate :) I'm not very funny tonight so you just get pictures and captions in each of these blog posts. Sorry, boring.


Firework show is starting
Jack, Lucy, Charlie & Ivan
Julie and Linkin, Well really just Linkin


Jack was a little nervous at first
You can see the wild Alpine fires up in the hills in the back ground


A zoomed in version of the fire. Sure did add to our show!


And that was our 4th of July. It was so great. Here's our repeat for the 24th





We set up at the end of the driveway. The men pulled through with some pretty good fireworks. But then Sy came over with some REALLY good ones....

which pushed us up the driveway a bit. A little too close for comfort at times!
hello
Love our country and love Utah. Happy Birthday to both!

4 comments:

  1. This is a great project. It is nice that the infrastructure will be ready so quickly. Early 2012 is not bad at all. I hope that it goes well and that the benefits exceed expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that cool people on the other side of the neighborhood are catching on! We have been doing 4th of July street parties for 5 years now! They are the BEST! Great way to create fun new memories. Our July 4th Street party was especially meaningful this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics of all the kids and activities. They are looking old. And to answer your H&M question - I tried to shop for Cam when I was in Chicago, but she ended up taking them all back. I think I'll just leave the shopping to her.

    ReplyDelete