Balle

Balle

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Blessing

I didn't take any pictures of Ivan on his blessing day. I took one quick one of the family on Jacks blessing day, but no individuals. Lucky Emery got a few shots on her big day. I promise it's not because she's a girl! Just one of those 3rd times a charm things.

My mom inherited a little dress my grandma wore when she was a baby. I wanted Emery to be blessed in it, so we put it away in a safe place, the kind that is so safe you can't find it when you need it. We are still looking for it! It was just cream colored, old fashioned and simple. I then bought one that kinda resembles it, but didn't try it on her until the week before she was blessed. I didn't like it! So my talented mother made little Maybell a dress in a couple of days time. I LOVE IT!!!! sorta wishing I would have just gone with a white ribbon instead of pink, but oh well. She was so cute.





 Mikes side

What was left of mine by the end

Then the next day Mike had a training in Salt Lake at the Grand America. I left the boys with my sister and stayed the night with him. Ahhhhh we had a great time. They had this cutest little bakery with gelato. When I saw it, I just got it in my mind that when the evening was done and we were back in our room, I'd sit in the big nice tub they had and eat my ice cream from the cute bakery.

We walked around city creek and ate at Cheesecake Factory. As fun as the evening was.... I forgot our swim suits so we couldn't swim. When we went to get our gelato the girl had just put it all away (15 min earlier than she should have) and the gold things on the side of the big tub that I thought were fountains for the water to pour out, were only big gold handles! Can't a girl catch a break? I actually wanted to fall on the floor and kick my legs around when the girl said she put the ice cream away early. I think a little tear may have escaped. When we got back to the room Mike left for a bit and came back with some ice cream!!! What a dear I have for a hubby.
Alas, we got our ice cream!


then here are just some random pictures I took a while ago. I tried my own little photo shoot in her room and of the 111 pictures I took these are the only ones that look like anything that might be cute


I had two yawning ones I couldn't decide. Just posted them both


4 comments:

  1. Ummm... OH. MY. GOSH. Emery is SO beautiful! And that is a gorgeous blessing dress. Good job Susan! Seriously, what a sweet little doll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks adorable in her blessing dress! Your mom is amazing!! Cute pictures for your photo shoot too!

    And PS: My two March birthdays are Scotty the 24th and Collin the 12th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaaaaa! So freaking cute! She's so beautiful and all those pictures of her are treasures! I LOVE the dress your mom made her - and how special that will always be to you and Emery! Loves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a dream of a baby. She is beautiful. Can't wait til she gets her clogs on!

    ReplyDelete