Balle

Balle

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Three weeks

Our baby girl is 3 weeks today. I told you she just keeps getting cuter!
 It's definitely different bringing home your 3rd baby than it is bringing home your first. Life just has to go on as usual, which requires your attention, which means baby # 3 gets less attention. I feel like the past couple hours today have been the first couple hours, since we've brought her home, that I've had any quiet time to just hold my baby (and blog). Jack took a long nap and Ivan was over at Charlie's and it was a nice couple of hours of piece and quiet.



She's sweet and a good baby. She kicks her legs until she rolls onto her side. Not really like she prefers to be on her side, it just happens as she's squirming around.

 I always told myself that if I had a girl I wouldn't focus on her looks. I'd choose words like, "you're so smart" or "your so sweet and fun," but I find, "you're my pretty girl" seems to roll off my tongue without my noticing. I do love to look at her. She is a little angel and the boys are soooo good with her. I don't feel like they maul (sp) her to death or that I have to keep them away from her. I often find Ivan saying the sweetest things to her. One day he was telling her that he was her big brother and that if she needed him to hand her something he would get it for her. Another day he was looking closely at her face and saying, "are those diamonds in your eyes?"  And another day he said, "little Maybell, did you know you're in love with us?" Almost every time he comes over to her he says to me, "she's just a little cutie isn't she mom."  He's had a little cough and so I tell him not to kiss her face and so he always asks me first before he goes over to see her and he's good about kissing the back of her head.
 She is awake a lot more. She just gets this really pleasant look on her face almost like she's smiling at you. (I'm not the only one who has noticed). She does prefer us to be around, rather than alone in a room. She is just a bundle of joy for sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment