Balle

Balle

Sunday, April 1, 2012

She broke

Turns out they gave us a broken baby! Our poor little Emery girl has a broken collar bone. I can't find the receipt so I doubt we'll get our money back, maybe just in store credit?


Mike kinda noticed in the hospital that her little right arm seemed kinda limp. But of course you second guess yourself so he didn't really say anything, just figured he'd forgotten how it was to have a newborn. So a week later (mon night) I was holding her and thought the same thing. It seemed like her arm was really twisty or something. The pajama's she had on were a tiny big so I thought it was just the illusion of the extra material twisting. I didn't think much more about it until Friday. I was watching her all day and she just wasn't using her right arm. I stewed and fretted about it all day and finally about 8:00 that night I took her in. Sure enough, xray shows her little clavicle bone is broken. From the birth I guess, which is really crazy because they broke my water and about 45 min later I literally pushed twice and she was here. Not a traumatic birth at all. I don't know what did it. I was watching the birth in the mirror and when she came out the doctor did turn her pretty dang fast I thought he was going to break her neck..... so I'm guessing I was right and he just about did!


So how about that. Who do you know that had the same thing? And do tell me how fast it healed and how it was no big deal! :)  They say it's common and that they just kinda heal on their own. We do hurt for our tiny thing though.


Oh she's been so fun and so good. She doesn't cry about it at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment