Balle

Balle

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Baby's first week

Oh it's been a fun week. We sure do love our little girl. It's hard to get a great picture, she looks so different in every one I take. Here's to little chubby cheeks
 And here's to a  little less chubby


She's met most of the boys toys. They insist on holding them in front of  her face for 5 minutes saying, "look Maybell, do you like my car?" So I came in the other day and Ivan had placed his tiger in her arms for a good snuggle


She's adapting well to our morning routine. My favorite time of the day! Mikes gets up to get ready for work and by the time he comes out of the bathroom 2 boys have taken his place. There we sleep like one big happy family for another hour or so. I love it! I feel bad we can't heed the prophets council, "early to bed, early to rise" but I feel like this is the only time we can do it. Soon enough we'll have to be up early running kids to school, etc.


she loves a little play time with her brothers








A couple things I've noticed that are different the 3rd time around-
 *I don't mind being up at night as much. With the first it was torture, but by the 3rd it's no biggy. I feel like I just kinda doze in and out of sleep all night and have a sweet little newborn keeping me warm and I really quite enjoy the nights.


*I really enjoy nursing my babies. With Ivan it was a big ordeal. When it came time to feed I had to get my water, my boppy pillow thing and my little booklet. I'd sit down, maybe flip on the tv and try to nurse for the appropriate time, recording it all. This time around is a little different. I'm not sitting, there's no water and no recordings. Rather I'm walking around with baby in one arm nursing while I'm spreading butter on a kids muffin with the other arm, or walking through the house picking up articles of clothing with my toes and grabbing for them with my free hand. :) Building new skills I guess.


It's been a good first week!

No comments:

Post a Comment