Balle

Balle

Friday, March 16, 2012

Nesting

Wow, I've really felt that "nesting" period this pregnancy. I did with Ivan also, but not with Jack so much. Here is baby girls room as a result.
 I didn't really plan on doing a "nursery" or much for the baby's room. I have this practical side that would just rather wait until they are older. Buuuut, I've actually been working on redoing my bedroom.... for the last year...... and had all these 1/2 way finished projects going on, so when I hit this nesting period I went crazy and finished our room AND did the baby's. No ones going to see it and I would hate for all my hard work to go to waste :) so I'll post pictures.


You can't really see, but I lined the bumper with flowers and a pearl in the center of each. It will be great when she gets a little older and starts pulling them off and choking on the pearls. Oops, didn't think of that in the making!
My mom bought this dresser when she was first married for $60 at a garage sale. It was painted a weird green and she stripped the paint and just stained it. I've always loved this dresser and she's so kind to let the baby use it in her room
This was my cupboard growing up. I painted it and put it in her room also. Just need another drawer and I've been looking for cute knobs. Wish I had them for the picture.


I took these next pictures exactly one year ago. I love before and after pictures and I love to look back at how things change in your house over the years. I think you should always take pictures of it. Growing up I think my mom went through like 20 bedspreads in her room and it would be fun if she would have taken pictures of each so we could look back and remember. It's not like we've been in our house too long, but a year ago I did decide to change our bedroom.


so this was before


And this is now. It's like night and day, darkness and light!




Before


After
One of the reasons I'm posting these pictures is so you can know how much we didn't spend. I made the bedspread for probably about $10. I made the pillows (except the white ones). I made the headboard for about $70. I made the bed skirt. That one wasn't as cheap just cuz I gathered it and that requires like 3x the material. I got the sewing machine next to the bed for free from Mikes mom. I got the chair for free from my mom. I want to put picture frames on each side of the bed so the blue tape is just so I can see what it will look like.


The bathroom before


After- that is zebra print wallpaper, which I actually love


I love these cealing tins and hung them on this wall, it kinda makes the dresser look small or squashed or something? But I do love the tins. This dresser was also free and we painted it, along w/ the bathroom cabinets and I need to paint parts of the sewing maching still.....


And this may be my favorite part. These chairs were the dining room chairs in my moms house when she was a little girl. I love that in and of itself. I love the turquoise we painted it and I love the material to cover the seat. It's just setting on there, I haven't actually attached it yet.
Feels good to get it all done. Balle baby, you may now come into the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment