Balle

Balle

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Happy ___th Birthday Mike

To celebrate we had 3 funerals in a 7 day period. I guess that's what we have to look forward to as we get older. People we know and love are dying. The reality of mortality. The dads of two of Mikes childhood friends passed away, which sometimes is like your own family passing. When you've known someone since kindergarten they are just like family. I like it when they get together, even if it is for a funeral or two.
 Mike, Tyler, Jason and Darrin

Then Mike had a birthday. I almost forgot about it. There were so many things going on, that was one of them, but as time marched on and it got closer I forgot about it. Mike had to remind me in a casual way. We go out to dinner with our home teachers every now and then and it ended up that we were going with them the night before his bday so I had my sis make him one of her great cakes and I surprised him with it after we ate. Happy Birthday my dearest of dears.

1 comment: