Balle

Balle

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

OHIO


I went to visit Shannon this past week, in one of my favorite states! She had a baby boy at the beginning of July so that surely justifies a visit. Oh man it was nice to be there. I sure miss the open roads, corn fields and barns.
I'd forgotten that everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, hangs baskets from their ceiling there. Ohio is home to Longerberger baskets. Their office building is the shape of a basket and so everyone has them.








I miss the neighborhoods. They feel like you are in the forest because of the size and amount of trees.





First things first, we hit the bakery. Everyone has a favorite bakery, besides going to see Hank, I went to test theirs.









We had such a nice relaxing time. I know her family pretty good so it was fun to sit around and joke with them.









Shannon comes from a very small town so I got to experience their towns "Fall Fest." Her hubby made these pumpkins to sell. I made it home with one in my suitcase!









Definitely need to be an Ohio State Buckeye fan to live there... or even visit there.





Shannon is doing the cloth diaper thing. Going green. I might think about it if we planned to have 6 more children, but since we aren't I don't think I will. They are actually pretty neat.
















This is Bella. Shannon kept calling her Becca. Hmmmm, what to think about that. :) I'm going to share my deep dark secret- I'm not a dog person. I hope Shannon still loves me after our visit, I didn't give poor Bella much attention. I threw the tennis ball a few times, but rarely shared my food and kicked her right out when she tried to share my bed.









I can't wait for my next visit. It was so fun to be there. I missed Mike and the boys, but it was a nice little break. Hank is adorable.









Mike arrived early at the airport so he could show the boys the planes flying in so they would make the connection with me coming home.





Ivan waiting

Coming home is always a great part of the trip













Next time we'll all have to go! Thanks Shannon for a great visit.

2 comments:

  1. It was fun having you here...I like your blog and your boys are so cute. You pointed out the simple things about Ohio...I like those too! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh....now I miss Ohio!!!! How fun for you!!

    ReplyDelete