Balle

Balle

Monday, May 1, 2023

Recovery update

Look at how good his scar is looking. 
Mike works hard to recover right. He does all the things he's been told to do. He faithfully takes his blood pressure and records it. It reminds me of when I had my first baby and would record my nursing time and frequency religiously. He blows in his little breathing tube  to keep his lungs strong. He feels like a stud going to physical therapy. All the older patients are so complimentary. They admire how he can lift the 10lb weights, when they are only able to do the 5 lb.  We make sure we get our walks in. There has been so much rain lately that flooding is a threat. There is a canal close to us that is normally empty, but is filling up fast. We like to take our walks there each day to see the water level. It will be nice when he can drive again. He likes to gently remind me which lane I need to be in and holds his breath and the "grab handle" when I apply the break. One day I had driven him to his appointment and then later that day I took Jack to his soccer game. There are 3 other couples in our neighborhood on the same team so when I got there I was telling them about the fun driving. We were all getting a little laugh and then Katie DeSpain joked that I should pass around a sign up sheet in Relief Society for other women to drive him around. When I got home after the game I told Mike that I had done that very thing. That I had a list of Relief Society sisters to run him around town. Hahah I thought it was pretty funny.



Kerrie Taylor brought these flowers  from her yard, to let us know she was thinking about us.  I enjoyed those things so much. They were closed when she brought them and I loved watching them open up a little more each day. Peoples kindness truly does make these hard experiences easer.

No comments:

Post a Comment