Balle

Balle

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Gender and Genetics

I feel like i'm pretty practical. Well, I don't know if that's the right word? Maybe logical? mathematical? analytical? none of those in a genius sort of way.

So In wanting another kid my reasons are reasons like
~ 4 makes a nice even number
~ 4 makes it so each child has a partner for home and for rides at the amusement park
~ I need another girl because I can't buy Emery clothes for just one use
~ We bought a bike trailer a little late in the game, Ivan didn't use it, Jack sort of used it so Emery can use it and then I need at lease one more child to get use out of it
~ We just finished the basement and have this great play house that the kids may grow out of quick, but not if we have another baby.
~ We finished the basement and now have 4 rooms. We can't have an empty room just sitting there empty.

and so on so forth……..

so after 2 years of mulling it over in my head,  thinking about age and feeling stupid each time I wanted to bring it up but feeling regretful each month and year we didn't do it….plus 4 seasons of "Call the midwife"- I finally  had the nervous breakdown that had been building up and now here we are, 40 & 43 having a baby. And by golly it's a stinking girl! How? how did I luck out on that one? Cuz to be honest I mainly wanted another one so we could have another girl. And so that Mike wouldn't have to go to scout camp in his late 50's. 

After we found out, we sent the kids on a little treasure hunt. 

clue #1- What will we have? a girl or a boy? lets go looking to find our joy. Go to were the baby will sleep. (in my room in the little crib)

clue #2- "Rock-a-bye baby" (in the rocking chair down stairs)

clue #3- There's lots of stuffed animals for us to share, with our boy or girl…...we're almost there" (the boys closet in the stuffed animal box)

clue #4- Our favorite place to snuggle, I hope there's room, for a 4th little baby coming soon" (my bed)

There was a little cup for each one with blue and pink skittles. "count your skittles and then you'll see, the color with more is baby to be"


And there you have it. IT'S A GIRL. Genetic tests all came back good. Lets hope it stays that way

No comments:

Post a Comment