Balle

Balle

Saturday, October 13, 2012

The cabin- Summer 2012 Trip #1

We were able to make it to the cabin a few times this summer. Yay.
Because the family has gotten so big we've had to divide things up amongst my dad and his siblings. This year my dad has started building his own cabin. He has been working his tail off. This summers progress is impressive. He's about been living there all summer and works so hard. He's 69 mind you! We are so grateful to him and all his hard work.




I just love this little hammock picture. so sweet

I do love to sleep with my kids. At home I try to get them organized into their own beds and rooms, ya know, to build healthy habits, but vacation is like a free for all. One of my favorite parts about it. Really just the times Mike isn't able to go with us. I like to provide a lil snack so when we retire to bed we get to all climb in together, read books and have a bedtime treat. It's good for our teeth, that's mainly why I do it!
And I had to give Maybell a bath in the kitchen sink. I feel like when I was little I remember my Aunt doing it? It seems like a tradition or something, even though I'm pretty sure it's not. But I did it anyway so I could feel like I was carrying on that tradition. Like a "the kids who were getting bathed in the cabin sink are now bathing kids of their own" kind of thing.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, we used to haul water and bathe in a washtub, so you should try that sometime!

    ReplyDelete