Balle

Balle

Friday, October 7, 2011

You win some. You lose some.

Last weekend was such a nice weekend. Nothing amazing, but for some reason it just turned out SOOO enjoyable. Maybe it's because it started out with a double nap. It really is great when the boys end up asleep at the same time. I have them close, but it's quiet in the house and it's just a fun feeling for some reason. Ivan doesn't really take naps anymore, but SOMETIMES it accidentally happens. Jack usually goes down pretty good, but SOMETIMES when I lay him in the crib he says, "hold hand" and so I lay on the floor next to him and hold his sweet little hand through the bars. I do like it I must say. Then on top of that, SOMETIMES Ivan wants to come in with me and lay by Jack and SOMETIMES this happens!
Then that night we met Mike for dinner and to our amazement there was no kid wrestling. We debated whether or not to take the kids to our parents, but just decided not to and we had a wonderful time. They were both so pleasant and just ate their dinner. I'm not sure I've seen two cuter faces. Thank you boys, for being so good. We may try it again sometime :) And then of course conference always makes for a nice, rejuvenating weekend. 

 This weekend we haven't been so lucky. It has started with stitches instead of a nice double nap. Oh well, you win some and lose some. Jack fell off the bed and bonked his head. Wow, that sure does give a mother a fright! I was hoping to make it through life without any kids in stitches. ;)

 I'm not sure what it is that makes me look so cool? The stitches?  The tooth pick? Or the crossed leg?

8 comments:

  1. Ohhhh...poor little guy!! We haven't had stitches -- knock on wood!! Your weekend before sounds great- you gotta love those moments when the kids don't make you want to sell them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch. Naps are really underrated by kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture looks very painful! My kids are finally old enough I can sometimes sneak in my own nap even when they are all home and awake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last part of that post made my stomach fall to my butt. I'm so sorry! Poor little Jack.
    I did however love the first part of your post. You have great kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the crossed legs. Definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry for baby Jack! Even with stitches he still manages to look quite dapper with that cute pose. You have adorable little boys I must say! Also, can't wait for the primary program! You are an AMAZING mom and teacher!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Matt did a superman dive off the bed when he was three and ended up with a few stitches too....And 23 years later, he has minimal scarring :) Poor Jack! Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, poor little Jack! I have to say I giggled like crazy seeing that last pic of him - I'm sorry, buddy, because I'm sure your head hurt - but how freaking cute is he?!!!

    ReplyDelete